Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering Discipline Leader
July 30, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering Discipline Leader based in our Chicago office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the PFP engineering team to meet client and project requirements. Projects include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, sports, corporate commercial and science and technology building typologies. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
* Work with Office Engineering Leaders and the Firm-Wide Discipline leader to develop, support and implement key initiatives that advance an innovative engineering practice.
* Serve as a Project Engineering Leader (PEL) and as a subject matter expert to win work and assist other teams in winning work.
* Prepare documents and reports from concept design through advanced technical design documentation and construction documents, as well as specifications, for Plumbing/Fire Protection systems and equipment.
* Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Engineering Principal, to develop project and client goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
* Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, give input on proposals and development of fees.
* Participate in industry-wide and professional organizations relating to your registration.
* Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
* Oversee the design of plumbing and fire protection systems using Revit.
* Lead the review and markup of shop drawing submittals.
* Assume responsibility for field inspection of projects under construction.
* Recommend ways to improve process, quality and coordination efforts.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems Focus). Registration as a Professional Engineer is a plus. Minimum 15+ years of experience with the design of plumbing, laboratory/medical gas, kitchens, fire protection, and other specialty systems required. Proficiency with BIM applications AND Revit desired. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to effectively handle multiple projects. The successful candidate must have experience mentoring and training staff.
CannonDesign is an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, industry experts and builders driven by a singular goal — to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges. We’ve done this for more than a century — helping organizations around the world achieve performance goals, drive innovation, strengthen their identities and profoundly impact the human experience. In 2017, Fast Company named CannonDesign one of the 10 most innovative architecture firms in the world.
Design, Architecture, Engineering, Healthcare Consulting, Education Consulting, Facility Optimization, Innovation Strategy, Interiors, Commissioning, Planning, Sustainability, Workplace Strategy, Branding, and Innovation.
BACK TO TOP
TAPPI / PIMA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else TAPPI Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at TAPPI / PIMA Career Center.