CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR – CONSTRUCTION & RELATED SERVICES
Virginia Railway Express
August 30, 2018
SALARY RANGE $74,900 THRU $124
Full Time - Experienced
TITLE: CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR – CONSTRUCTION & RELATED SERVICES GRADE: X [SALARY RANGE $74,900 THRU $124,335] FLSA: EXEMPT [PROFESSIONAL]
Reports to the Manager of Purchasing and Contract Administration. Assists in the administration of procurement and contract activities for VRE. Develops contract documents for the procurement of construction, goods, and services (professional and non-professional) in compliance with federal, state, local and organizational rules, policies and best practices.
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
• Ensures that all procurement activities comply with applicable laws and regulations, including the Virginia Public Procurement Act and Federal Transit Administration Third Party Contracting Guidance, and satisfy the needs of the organization in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Manages the creation, review and acceptance of contract documents, with the objective of creating executable agreements within a defined timeframe and in compliance with VRE procurement policies and procedures.
• Performs pre-award and post-award procurement tasks such as conducting bid openings and pre-bid/pre-proposal meetings, responding to questions from prospective bidders and offerors, tabulating bids, facilitating technical evaluation meetings, conducting negotiations, preparing contract amendments, managing task orders, assisting in the resolution of contractual disputes, and managing the contract closeout process.
• Collaborates closely with Project Managers to develop Independent Cost Estimates, Statements of Work, specifications, procurement justifications, evaluation criteria, and other required documentation necessary to assemble a complete solicitation package.
• Monitors contractor compliance with contract requirements, to include prompt payment to subcontractors, Buy America provisions, and the Davis-Bacon Act, as applicable.
• Oversees the management of contract files and procurement reports.
• Interacts with management, staff, vendors, and contractors to obtain information, get direction and solve problems.
• Analyzes requests for small purchases to determine the most effective purchasing method and assists staff in the implementation of any recommended changes.
• Processes purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
• Develops modifications to contracting processes and procedures to make the Purchasing and Contract Administration Office more efficient and responsive to Department needs.
• Participates in special VRE transit events (i.e. Meet the Management, Santa Trains, Customer Opinion Survey, and Master Agreement Survey).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of federal and state contracting laws and practices, particularly those applicable to transit systems.
• Excellent reading comprehension as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent judgement and decision-making skills.
• Ability to interpret complex requirements; recommend and implement policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of public procurement policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of customer service principles.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively with staff in a service-oriented operations environment.
• Ability to develop, review and organize procurement and contract documents.
• Ability to conduct final review of contracts.
• Ability to accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and perform time sensitive tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, contract administration or a relevant field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in contracting and procurement or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
• Public sector procurement and contract administration experience is preferred, particularly in the areas of construction, construction management and engineering services.
• Virginia Contracting Associate Officer (VCA), Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent certification preferred.
VRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. Background checks are performed on all new employees.
Due to the high volume of resumes received in response to recent employment postings, no inquiring phone calls or follow-up e-mails will be addressed in relation to this advertisement.
Qualified candidates interested in applying should submit a professional cover letter, resume, salary history and three confidential references (to include their address, phone number, and e-mail address) by close of business, September 21, 2018, to:
Human Resources Administrator 1500 King St., Suite 202 Alexandria, VA 22314 E-mail: email@example.com
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbent(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
VRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. VRE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
About Virginia Railway Express
Commuter Rail Operation with 51administrative staff members