At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking a Sr. Lab Technician in our central testing facility in Mundelein, IL. This individual will focus on and lead testing in containerboard evaluations, providing accurate, credible, timely, and cost effective data to guide competitive evaluations and new product development. The employee will serve as primary support for the managers of PCA's labs in monitoring performance of our and our competitor's containerboard and materials, troubleshooting, and optimization of our products. This employee will also be involved in guiding students and contract staff and assuring the ongoing improvement of lab processes, as well as supporting the ongoing evolution of the labs.
- Provide accurate, effective, quick response testing, evaluation and reporting. Develop and implement test plans and testing process as required.
- Lead multiple efforts in key operational area of the tech labs, with an emphasis on internal and external assurance programs and special projects designed to grow our fundamental knowledge base
- Take a lead role in maintaining the accuracy and functionality of TDS lab facilities in Mundelein, including routine cleaning, preventive maintenance, and minor repairs of equipment as well as administration of calibration and verification (internal/external) programs.
- Work safely both on site and off; train contractors/students in safe operation of all lab equipment and develop safety training improvements; and support site safety goals.
- Responsible for knowing and following policies and procedures of the company; for sharing information that would benefit other members of the team; and for finding ways to improve the delivery of service to our Customers.
- Continually strive to strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for Customers. This includes supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our Customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- Associates degree, BS preferred, in science or engineering
- A minimum of 6 years of laboratory experience in the paper/board/package testing field, with a focus/emphasis on containerboard testing preferred
- Ability to safely handle packages of up to greater of 50 lbs. or SOPI/OSHA limits (or 100 lbs. with assistance).
- Willingness to travel occasionally, by appropriate modes
Competitive pay and benefit package.
Please apply for this position on Local Jobs Network by clicking this link: https://www.localjobnetwork.com/j/21226165
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.