***Must live close to a major airport or be willing to relocate to a convenient location for air travel.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Technical Specialist to support our Paper Manufacturing Clients in the USA and Canada, focusing in the US Southeast. The Technical Specialist could potentially be located anywhere in the US within one hour of a major airport but with a preference for the Southeast region.
Technical Specialist (1603605)
You will consult with customers, the BASF sales force, and the technical service lab to implement and support a chemical solution strategy in the Paper Coloration area of the Paper and Water Chemicals business unit. You will problem solve, apply your expertise and provide financial analysis for qualification trial activity at customer sites as well as support field sales growth objectives and act as an equipment trouble shooter for on-site dilution and metering equipment for dyes and pigments. You will have a sufficiently broad industry and application knowledge to address technical and application issues in a wide variety of paper making applications. You will identify customer and industry needs to effectively drive product innovation in the Paper Coloration field.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Implement BASF’s Paper Coloration solution strategy by choosing and properly applying the appropriate product to meet the overall business strategy for a specific customer situation.
- Properly present the value proposition of BASF Paper Coloration chemistries to major customers, exhibitors and conferences.
- Maintain key industry contacts to promote and develop BASF Paper Coloration offerings
- Support the BASF innovation process by focusing on new growth opportunities, expanding our technology advantage, and improving profitability.
- Utilize existing tools (Account Benefits Calculator, Customer Profit Tool, etc.) to quantify the value of a given program.
- Work closely with Technical Sales Representatives and Account Managers in trial planning and reporting to support ongoing sales growth.
- Provide performance feedback regarding assigned product development programs.
- Follow all safety and environmental policies as outlined by BASF to assure safe working conditions and full EH&S compliance
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Formula for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor of Science and a minimum of 10 years of experience in Selling/Marketing/Application Specialist in a Paper Chemicals Sales organization OR a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 15 years of experience in Selling/Marketing/Application Specialist in a Paper Chemicals Sales organization
- A degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Paper Science is strongly preferred; an advanced degree in a technical or business discipline is also preferred.
- Well-developed application knowledge covering a broad range of Paper Colorants, both dyes and pigments, is a requirement.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and verbal), planning skills, and problem solving skills are all strong considerations.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team is also a requirement.
- Recognized externally as an industry expert or specialist in the area of dyes and pigments application in paper making.
To apply, please visit: http://on.basf.com/2eU5tEH
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.