Postdoctoral Position in Plant Molecular Biology and Crop Engineering
Dept. of Biological Science, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI 49931; College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, P.R. China
* Application deadline: January 10, 2017
The Tang lab, at Dept. of Biological Science, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI 49931 and College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, P.R. China, seeks 4 highly motivated and creative post-doctoral researchers with expertise in molecular plant biology or bioinformatics to participate in a Guangdong innovation project aimed at improving traits of important economic crops. Dr. Guiliang Tang is a full professor at Michigan Technological University and a visiting professor of Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China. The Guangdong innovation team project, leading by Dr. Xuemei Chen, a member of the US National Academy of Sciences and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute–Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation investigator, aims to improve the traits of economic crops, including rice, maize, tomato, and cabbage.
- Research directions
(1) Study the role of miRNA and miRNA target genes in regulating crop traits.
(2) Take advantage of the small RNA and CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology to improve crop traits.
(3) High-throughput data processing and bioinformatics analysis.
- Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes
(1) PhD degree in Biology; Proficiency in English language or has oversea study experiences.
(2) Published at least 1 high quality paper in the past 5 years.
(3) Solid experience in plant molecular biology or bioinformatics.
(4) Responsible, strictly organized, and enthusiastic.
(5) Be familiar with genome editing technology, crop transformation or high throughput data analysis.
According to the Code on the Training and Management of Postdoctoral Fellow of Shenzhen University (Around $33, 000 annually).
- Documents for application
(1) Personal CV
(2) Copy of diploma
(3) Name and contact information for references
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 86-13691979861; 96-15514597813; US Cell Phone: 906-281-8710;
Address: College of Life Science, Shenzhen University, NO. 3688 Nanhai Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, 518060, China; or Department of Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University, Dow Environmental Sciences and Engineering Building - Room 406, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI 49931-1295
- Application deadline: Applications will be accepted and reviewed as they arrive until January 10, 2017