CB&I is seeking a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with 10 to 20 years of experience to assist with and oversee civil and structural engineering projects in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. The candidate should have a professional engineer’s license in the State of Pennsylvania. These tasks may include: performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects, use creativity and objectivity to perform studies and technical activities to arrive at the most cost effective, reliable technical solution, may also support procurement and construction phases or projects with engineering knowledge and experience.
- Lead designer for civil and structural engineering projects.
- Candidate will work with junior engineering staff to develop designs for a variety of projects such as foundation engineering and design, storm water runoff controls, erosion and sedimentation controls, landfill design and construction, earth retaining structure design, and concrete design.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering, performing calculations and modeling utilization software packages
- Perform detailed technical analysis of complex project issues.
- Monitor applicable regulatory requirements and stays abreast of regulatory trends.
- Arrive at sound and prudent decisions, course of action or a conclusion, especially when only limited facts are available. Solve problems quickly.
- May serve as project manager on technical projects (investigation, analysis and design) in specific areas of expertise. Ability to serve as technical manager on projects and small programs.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Experienced Civil Engineer with P.E. in Pennsylvania
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- 10 to 20 years of relevant experience
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities
- Mentors less experienced colleagues, reviews work product, and manage assignments.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment
- May lead teams or projects; shares expertise
- Has developed depth and breadth of expertise in own discipline
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and nonstandard situations
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends best practices in own discipline
- Manages costs for specific projects
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Manages own time to meet objectives; forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.