Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function
Create processes and process improvements to ensure consistent implementation of internal requirements and external laws, regulations, guidance and standards. Assures that quality improvement and performance goals are met and that timely corrective action is taken to improve quality systems.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
Analyzes sources of quality data and identifies quality problems which will result in quality costs and devises corrective actions to minimize those costs. Recommends realistic quality objectives and goals.
Performs quality planning. Determines and establishes the required procedures for quality systems . Identifies quality characteristics, required quality levels, points in flow of quality measurement, and tests to be performed. Identifies statistical quality control techniques to be used and provides quality information feedback. Periodically reviews and updates quality planning to assure continued adequacy effectiveness.
Diagnoses quality systems problems. Determines the basic cause and provides technical assistance as required.
1. Identify internal requirements and external laws, regulations, guidances and standards applicable.
2. Interpret applicable internal and external requirements and incorporate into requirements for use in Abbott business processes.
3. Identify areas of potential noncompliance within Abbott.
4. Review and update the Quality System Manual as needed.
5. Educate functional areas on quality system requirements.
6. Participate cross functionally and across business units to standardize Abbott business quality system policies and procedures.
7. Mediate resolution of interdepartmental and cross business unit process conflicts.
8. Identify qualified external consultants and experts in government, collaborating with them to insure correct interpretation of requirements.
9. Collect business process data from different parts of the company for analysis.
10. Act as an expert resource in specific requirement knowledge for Abbott.
11. May be responsible for identifying training requirements, programs, and tracking systems.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
(Supervision Received) Works under general supervision. Receives limited supervision on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments.. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
(Supervision Provided) May provide limited work direction and guidance to exempt employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
Position Accountability / Scope
Indicate the reporting relationships, products, budgets, throughput, level and purpose of contacts (internal and external), or other scope measures that are key to this position.
Influence/Leadership Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.; (Planning/Organization) Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.; (Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays and may result in the allocation of additional resources.