1. Develops, applies and maintains quality requirements and standards for manufacturing processes.
2. Works to maximize economic value-added impact of projects through process improvement or cost cutting measures.
3. Conducts root cause analysis for product or process deviation and recommends or implements corrective actions.
4. Promotes the adoption of improved technologies, processes and tools to achieve the highest possible product quality.
5. Communicates and initiates appropriate actions to define, monitor and correct process and/or product defects.
6. Works with cross-functional teams in resolving quality issues.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Two to four years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ASQ CQE required or must be achieved within 24-months of accepting position.
- Competent use of common quality assurance methods and tools such as 4Q analysis, SPC, process capability analysis, measurement system analysis, formal problem solving and the development of control plans.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and organize others in resolving issues.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office required with Sharepoint a plus.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Lean training preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements of this job:
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. close to the body.
2. The ability and willingness to use company designated personal protective equipment.
3. Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions, prints and gauges.
4. Frequent bending, stooping, twisting and lifting (assisted and unassisted).
5. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
6. Ability to work in the factory environment (concrete floor, heat, cold, noise, etc.).
7. Ability to use hand tools.
8. Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time.
9. Occasional travel (domestic and/or international).
10. Ability to complete complex projects under deadlines.
11. Ability to prioritize competing demands to complete assignments on time.
12. Must be a high-performing, self-motivated, action-oriented individual.
Baldor Electric Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.