Alta Vista Solutions (AVS) is a client-centered firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized in our industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, AVS has helped owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Our team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
We have offices in New York, across California, and in Asia, and we are continuing to expand our services and expertise worldwide.
The Component Leader: Facilities and Utilities will be involved in oversight and coordination with the Design Builder (DB), The OE and the Authority in the implementation of the Facilities and Utilities elements of the New NY Bridge. In concert with the Project Director, Project Delivery Manager and Construction Compliance Engineer, the Component Leader will be the key point of contact with the DB for monitoring and/or auditing the design, engineering, construction and post-construction activities to verify compliance with the Contract requirements.
This position is located in Tarrytown, New York. Some travel may be required.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee of the work of subject specialists in the review and evaluation of design and construction related documents prepared by the DB;
- Coordinate Technical reviews with other Component and Disciple leaders to ensure the necessary integration of review efforts and comments;
- Provide the necessary knowledge base regarding the Facilities and Utilities elements to support their design and construction as well as integration within the other major project components;
- Work effectively with the DB counterpart for the Facilities and Utilities components to identify and resolve issues related to their delivery;
- Verify the necessary systems and processes including monitoring, inspection, and testing have been deployed to demonstrate the completed work is in compliance with the Contract requirements;
- Collect and maintain objective evidence (project records) through reviews, oversight inspections and other process activities to verify compliance with the contract and technical requirements associated with these components;
- Coordinate with the DB, the Authority operational staff, and other Stakeholders to facilitate the construction of the Facilities and Utilities while supporting ongoing Authority and local municipal operations;
- Coordination and interface with their counterpart across the project team regarding their findings; Attending meetings and briefings; providing other advice and assistance;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Construction Compliance Engineer staff for field verification of DB compliance with Contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and AutoCAD
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
- Detail minded
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management; 5 years or more of office, industrial and maintenance facility construction in a large project environment including structures, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, finishes, security systems and construction code compliance, preferred;
- 10+ years’ experience in all aspects of office, industrial and maintenance facility construction in a large project environment. Prior experience with structures, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, finishes, security systems and construction code compliance;
- PE, RA or CM Certification, required;
- Sub-code certifications, desirable
To apply visit: http://altavistasolutions.com/careers/