Wight & Company, an award-winning Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management firm, is seeking a Senior Transit Planner/Project Manager for our Chicago office! Are you an energetic and entrepreneurial professional with excellent people skills? Then we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Our Transportation Planning group in the Chicago office helps our clients solve problems in cost-effective and practical ways. Projects will include challenging and complex transit planning and environmental documentation (NEPA) for bus rapid transit, rail transit, multi-modal, highway, transit-oriented development, and urban planning. Projects may also include development of policies and programs.
Success in the position will require ability to work in collaborative teams yet be a self-starter. The work environment requires dedication, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical thinking, and desire for continual learning focused on anticipating the needs of clients.
The candidate will manage projects and tasks and be responsible for quality, budget and schedule adherence. The candidate will assist in the identification and pursuit of planning and environmental (NEPA) transit projects. The candidate will also assist with the development of proposals and subsequent contracts including the strategic approach, level of effort and cost proposals.
- Manage transit planning and NEPA projects
- Prepare transportation planning documents and reports
- Prepare CE, EA and EIS environmental documents
- Plan and coordinate agency participation, stakeholders and public outreach
- Mentor staff
- Develop client relationships and identify and pursue project opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Assist in preparing scope, schedule and budget documents
- Assist in contract negotiations