Wight & Company, an award-winning Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management firm, is seeking a Senior Transit Planner for our Chicago office! Are you an energetic and entrepreneurial professional with excellent people skills? Then we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Our Transportation Planning group in the Chicago office helps our clients solve problems in cost-effective and practical ways. Projects will include challenging and complex bus transit, rail transit, multi-modal, highway, transit-oriented development, and urban planning. Projects may include development of policies and programs.
Success in the position will require ability to work in collaborative teams yet be a self-starter. The work environment requires dedication, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical thinking, and desire for continual learning focused on anticipating the needs of clients.
The candidate will assist in the preparation of project planning analysis, project reports, environmental analysis and documentation. The candidate will also contribute to the development of presentations, project strategy and proposals.
- Prepare transportation planning reports
- Prepare transit studies (rail and bus)
- Prepare environmental documents
- Utilize GIS for planning level analysis
- Utilize CADD to develop and illustrate planning concepts
- Prepare Power Point presentations
- Plan and coordinate stakeholders and public outreach