Morgan State University, School of Architecture and Planning, Baltimore, Maryland
Administrative and Teaching Position Available:
Faculty and Department Chair for the Department of Construction Management
The School of Architecture and Planning (SA+P) at Morgan State University is seeking to fill a tenure track position at the Associate/Full Professor level as Department Chair for the Department of Construction Management. This person reports to the Dean of the School of Architecture and Planning. The Department Chair will be responsible for overseeing curriculum design, program implementation, recruitment, and ACCE accreditation. He/she is expected to advance the mission for SA+P and lead the Construction Management faculty and students in achieving excellence in education, research, and service. The Department Chair is responsible for working with the Construction Management Advisory Board and building relationships with industry supporters.
The position will be a full time 12-month appointment.
- D. in Construction Management, Project Management, Construction Engineering or a closely related field.
- Record of excellence in academic and professional scholarly achievements including teaching, research, and service.
- Record of prior administrative and leadership experience including effective interpersonal communication and team building, management, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work with all industry constituencies.
- Evidence of curriculum development experience with ACCE accreditation requirements and knowledge of innovative curriculum development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to, seek, promote, and cultivate innovation in construction management research.
- Five years of construction industry experience.
Interested candidates should electronically send a single PDF of no more than 50 pages containing:
- A letter of application
- A full curriculum vitae
- A 4-5 page statement of how you will provide the leadership to position the CM program for ACCE Accreditation
- Samples of course syllabi
- Peer-reviewed scholarship
- Three references with complete contact information
While the position will remain open until filled, please submit materials by January 15, 2017 for full consideration with subject title “CM Department Chair Position” to:
Siddhartha Sen, Ph.D.
Professor and Interim Assistant Dean
School of Architecture and Planning
Morgan State University
1700 E. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21251
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.morgan.edu
Morgan State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time this position is scheduled to begin, and to continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Contact Us: email@example.com