Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Auditor. This position is located on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Roybal Campus in Atlanta, Georgia.
Technical On-Site Professional Services (TOPS) is committed to continuous improvements in laboratory science and safety, as well as the quality of its public health laboratory services. TOPS works with the CDC and the Office of the Associate Director for Laboratory Science and Safety (OADLSS) to provide oversight of laboratory programs. Establishment of the Offices of Laboratory Science and Safety within OADLSS further enhances laboratory quality management system (QMS) and safety programs agency-wide. With services such as reporting and analysis, protocol review, training resources, quality management and accreditation support, and laboratory science and innovation, these offices lead continuous improvement, making CDC the model for scientific excellence and safety.
TOPS is seeking a Quality Assurance Auditor to assist the QA team with the continuous improvement of a Laboratory Quality System. The selected applicant will have to obtain and maintain a CDC security clearance. Relocation support is not available for this position.
- Assist the QA team with the continuous improvement of a Laboratory Quality System that complies specifically to ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 with Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendment (CLIA), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) per 21 CFR Part 58, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) per 21 CFR 820, ISO 15189,, as appropriate, by planning and completing audits of laboratory quality systems.
- Conduct internal audits of laboratories, laboratory data, and computer systems.
- Assist with root cause analysis and corrective actions concerning audit findings.
- Assist the QASM with an implementation plan for the continuous improvement of a Laboratory Quality System for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Assist with document control development related to quality systems.
- Prepare, review, and/or approve procedures.
- Communicate progress orally and in writing with technical monitor and others.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers