Senior Plastics Process Engineer
The Senior Plastics Process Engineer is responsible for performing in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited to, the production of plastic products. The Plastics Process Engineer provides professional engineering expertise and project management support to assist manufacturing in accomplishing short term and long term business objectives.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Posted below under Requirements
- Attends various management meetings as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.Sc) in Plastics Engineering or MSc (Plastics) from a college or university; and five (5) to seven (7) years related experience and/or training.
- Excellent ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Excellent ability to write reports. business correspondence. And procedure manuals.
- Excellent ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Excellent ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Above average ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Above average ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
TECHNICAL COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and have proficient PC skills.
- Proficiency with various models of injection molding process.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Lockout-Tag out Certification is required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Above average problem solving skills to resolve disputes.
- Above average ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, as well as constant mobility on a daily basis. Additionally, this position requires ability to move within/between departments and facilities.
- This position requires the ability to review items closely.
- This position requires pushing, pulling, lifting, moving and/or carrying up to 75 pounds.
- This position requires hand and finger dexterity.
- This position requires exposure on an infrequent basis to inclement weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of a fast paced, deadline oriented production environment.
- Frequent use of a computer and other office equipment is required.
- This position requires working independently with minimal supervision.
- This position requires working and interacting with other team members.
- This position involves frequent face-to-face interaction with employees, both in person and over the telephone. This position requires working with dirt, dust and other airborne particles.
- This position requires the use of various machinery and equipment.
Keter North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)