Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for an Assistant Development Services Manager to join our construction team in our Philadelphia, PA office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. The Assistant Development Services Manager will be part of a team responsible for assisting or having responsibility for the site related portions of the due diligence process for vacant ground acquisitions & dispositions, creation & management of master plans, pursuit of land use approvals & entitlements, and creation & management of the development infrastructure scopes of work. Additional areas of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Land Acquisition – Contribute to the due diligence process, coordinating both internal and external resources. Prepare draft Due Diligence Report to identify and summarize issues and risks discovered during the process. Acquire and review, at a minimum, the following information: governing agency requirements; required municipal approvals; environmental conditions and situations; utility service availability and fees; geotechnical investigations; natural and cultural resource impacts; traffic impacts, roadway improvements, and Right-of-Way issues; mass grading and significant site issue evaluations. Incorporate this information to prepare master plan alternatives and develop infrastructure scopes of work.
- Dispositions – Provide pertinent due diligence information for distribution to potential buyer(s). Coordinate new ALTA survey with Legal Department. Coordinate and review any necessary environmental investigations (or other issues as needed).
- Proposal (RFP) Responses & Site Feasibility/Layout – Assist Pre-Construction Services with developing site plan alternatives to respond to RFPs.
- Duke owned land – The Development Services team will analyze the proposed building location, coverage, parking, landscaping, access, etc. to determine how they may vary from the original master plan. Analyze proposals for impacts to remaining acreage and infrastructure requirements and advise the Market Leader as to impacts.
- Owner Identified land – The Development Services team will provide appropriate level of analysis to manage risk applicable to the design, permitting and construction process
- Building Acquisition / Disposition – Assist acquisition/disposition team, as necessary, with site related issues, including: Land Title Survey coordination and review; site development or zoning issues review (if any); environmental consultant coordination.
- Acreage and Infrastructure Management – Assist Development Services Manager to track and update undeveloped vs. developed acreage and proposed building coverage as development occurs. Track ongoing infrastructure expenditures in relation to the budget most recently approved by the company. Review proposed master plan changes for impacts to the approved infrastructure scope and budget. Coordinate changes to the infrastructure budget and/or the acreage with Accounting.
- Governmental/Utility Liaison - Attend meetings with Sr. DS, DS or Preconstruction Managers and begin developing relationships with state and local agencies that govern land use, zoning, transportation, etc. Develop relationships with utility companies serving company property. Assist in preparing submittal documents, applications, meeting agendas, and correspondences.
- Consultants - Assist in preparing draft RFPs to consultants, and reviewing proposals.
- Participate in Site Planning and CAD Services.
- May perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Please apply by copying the following link into your browser: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/DUK1000DRI/JobBoard/3aa8d17f-c692-a1b2-c9cd-b7589acc399c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=94ac6723-130d-4300-8481-d650a449a7e5. Or, you may view by going to www.dukerealty.com/careers.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Duke Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
“Building the Best”