The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission seeks a Transportation Engineer to work in its transportation program, the Champaign-Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS). The Transportation Engineer will assist in a wide array of transportation planning and engineering projects including but not limited to: transportation data analysis, traffic studies, transportation modeling, air quality modeling, traffic impact analysis, traffic safety, etc.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Complete studies related to corridor analysis, intersection capacity, and safety analysis using SYNCHRO, HCS and IHSDM software.
- Assist the Senior Engineer doing traffic forecasting studies for regional roadway network facilities and developing travel demand models for similar communities using CUBE travel demand modeling software.
- Prepare safety grant applications based on crash data analysis.
- Develop clear and concise comprehensive studies, reports and presentations.
- Interact with government agency staff, elected officials, and the public to communicate details of MPO studies, plans, and programs.
- Organize and coordinate between multiple and diverse work tasks and projects.
- Bachelor in civil engineering or advance degree in civil engineering or related discipline and at least 2 years of experience in the field of transportation engineering/planning.
- Good understanding of travel demand software packages, particularly Cube/Voyager
- Proficiency in application of traffic micro-simulation software packages (e.g., Synchro, CORSIM) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) software, and statistical analysis, especially as it relates to traffic analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and working knowledge of computer programming language are desirable.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed and signed application downloaded from ccrpc.org/rpcjobs.
- For full consideration, please apply by Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
CCRPC is EEO/ADA/AA employer.