Master’s Degree, or equivalent in transport/civil engineering, transport economics, urban and/or regional planning or other relevant fields. University degree in these fields, combined with specialized experience in transport project development and implementation, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
a. Strategy and Planning
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for transport infrastructure development, operations and management in the areas of railways and multimodal logistics, urban public transport, environment, and energy efficiency, among others, in consultation with relevant government agencies of DMCs.
- Participate in ADB’s subregional activities relating to the transport sector, including transport network development and cross-border transport facilitation.
b. Project Development and Management
- Identify opportunities for ADB assistance in DMCs’ transport sector.
- Integrate the requirements of ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of ADB-assisted projects.
- Provide advice to executing agencies on project preparation.
- Supervise implementation of loan/grant-financed investment projects and administer TA projects in DMCs’ transport sector.
c. Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide technical inputs to analyze transport sector policies and practices in DMCs with a view to ensuring comparability to best practices and responsiveness to development needs of DMCs.
- Evaluate projects from the institutional performance point of view and draw lessons for future projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of projects to ensure compliance with ADB’s safeguards policies.
c. Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on the transport sector and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
e. Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
For more details and to apply, visit https://www.adb.org/careers/161030
Deadline for applications is on 13 January 2017.
We encourage diversity in our workforce and support an inclusive and respectful work environment. Women are encouraged to apply.
The vision of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and based in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package. While the position advertised is for the ADB headquarters, staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside Manila, Philippines at the discretion of Management. Applicants must be nationals of one of ADB's member countries.