BergerABAM is a consulting firm offering services in the areas of project management, civil and structural engineering, land use planning, natural resources, public involvement, construction management and support, and underwater inspection services. We are looking for talented individuals who thrive on challenges and are enthusiastic about their work. We provide opportunities for advancement and career growth through our mentoring program, company-paid internal and external training, team building, and developing employer-employee relationships.
Junior-level Civil Design Engineer-in-Training needed in BergerABAM’s Portland, OR office to participate in project teams to prepare site development, utilities, grading and pavement design for municipal projects. The position requires experience with at least two, but preferably all, of the following civil design disciplines: storm drain design, sanitary sewer design, potable water facilities design, roadway plan & profile design, site grading and preparation and grading design. This position requires working knowledge with design software packages such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Assist with the preparation of standard engineering documents and calculations, using AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Develop project documents utilizing leading sustainable design practices such as Envision (Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure), LID (Low Impact Development), and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Perform design services related to site layout, roadway design, grading, utility design, stormwater management and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations
- Perform field observations
- Minimum of 2 to 7 years’ design experience
- E.I.T Certificate
- Civil 3D design experience
- Civil site design experience (utilities, grading, and pavement)
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Energetic team attitude
TO APPLY: Visit BergerABAM’s website at http://www.abam.com/careers/current-openings and follow the on-line application instructions for position #17-ENG-18 Civil Design Engineer-in-Training.
BergerABAM’s competitive compensation includes an excellent benefits package offering paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; company-sponsored retirement plan; 401(k) plan; paid medical, dental, and trip reduction program; company paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance; professional membership; and opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
BergerABAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor employee work visas.