The Production Shipping Supervisor reports to the Plant Superintendent and is charged with overseeing and directing the hourly workforce at the site in a manner that is both safe and productive in order for the crew to complete daily work assignments and achieve daily production goals and shipping requirements for our customers. This position will be responsible for the direct supervision of 5-15 hourly production employees on shift - coordinating work schedules and routine assignments, including maintenance and mining as required. The Production Shipping Supervisor will also maintain close coordination of work with other Production Shipping Supervisors, Maintenance Staff, Mining Supervisors, Purchasing and Quality Control / Environmental Staff. In addition, this position will maintain open communication with railroad employees and trucking firms.
This opportunity offers the chance for advancement within the company, personal and professional growth, and the possibility of making a significant impact on a growing global organization.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Schedule and supervise all Plant activities as required, including production scheduling
- Schedule and supervise all loading and shipping activity
- Initiate maintenance work orders and follow up to ensure completion
- Recommend equipment and process modifications to improve efficiency
- Recommend changes in procedures, standards, and methods to improve productivity, profitability and performance
- Review daily quality reports and ensure compliance to customer and production requirements
- Develop and maintain acceptable labor and employee relations
- Assist with the appropriate training of all new or reassigned hourly employees
- Monitor manpower requirements and recommend changes as needed
- Maintain Plant safety and housekeeping standards in assigned areas
- Maintain open communication up, down , and laterally
- Maintain a professional attitude with all employees in all departments at all times
- Conduct safety meetings with hourly employees and submit meeting minutes to the Safety & Health Superintendent
- Monitor the Shipment Sample Retention Program of car loaders and truck loaders
- Inspect and supervise railroad track maintenance and repairs. Report all track maintenance requirements to the Plant Superintendent
- Maintain quality reporting and conduct XRF analyses as necessary in the absence of the QC/Environmental Supervisor
- Assist in coordinating maintenance activities to correlate with production scheduling requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
We offer competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits + the opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team.
An Equal Opportunity Employer