TECTONIC is currently seeking qualified Building Construction Inspectors and Professional Engineers, preferably with building construction experience, to perform special inspections on projects throughout the NYC metro area.
The essential functions of this position include traveling to various project sites on a daily basis, monitoring construction operations, and using applicable field testing procedures and testing equipment to perform required field and building inspections and testing, as well as all related testing as required by the project and client to determine compliance with project plans and specifications. Essential functions also include the preparation of Daily Field Reports, communication of deficiencies observed in the field to project managers, contractors, and/or client representatives, and the interpretation of project-related drawings and documents, as well as all other duties as assigned.
- Engineers must possess a BS Degree in Civil Engineering or similar and a valid Professional Engineering license.
- Construction Inspectors possess a HS Diploma/equivalent and possess and maintain one or more of the certifications listed below:
o ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector and/or Concrete Field Testing Technician
o ICC Commercial Mechanical Inspector
o ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector
o ICC Spray Applied Fireproofing Special Inspector
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable time period;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of building inspection codes and requirements in order to carry out testing, including, but not limited to, International Building Codes, ASTM Standards, and TMS standards;
- Must be detail oriented;
- May also require valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to and transport testing equipment to various project sites primarily throughout the New York City metro area, as regular daily travel is required.
Physical Requirements of this position include:
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. The employee is also regularly required to move around on project sites and within buildings and other structures, including ascending or descending the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning themselves appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, frequently for prolonged periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 lbs, and sometimes lift and/or move up to 55 lbs. The employee is constantly working in outdoor weather conditions, including exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, and precipitation. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients utilizing Corporate and client e-mail and telephone systems. The employee must also occasionally operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and fax machines. This position also may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify program to ensure that all new hires are legally authorized to work in the United States.