Midland Packaging & Display is a growing division of Green Bay Packaging Inc., a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations, operating in 15 states, that serve the corrugated container, folding carton, and coated label markets.
Our Franksville, WI facility is an industry-leading manufacturer of corrugated containers, and currently seeks an experienced Associate Safety / Quality / SQF / Environmental Specialist to assist the Senior EQS / SQF Practitioner in investigating, root cause analysis, maintaining, documenting and training in the areas of Safety, Quality, SQF and Environmental.
Specific Duties Include:
Technical Support/Problem Solving
- Technical resource for trouble shooting and root cause analysis of internal and customer issues.
- Conducts business transition meetings and integrates into our processes
- Leads trial and first time runs, monitors results and feedback. Suggests improvements.
- Resource for decision making on releasing of orders.
- Leads on new customer approval/transitions.
- Leads customer feedback process for the organization
- Identify trends, recommend and participate in the implementation of solutions to issues
- Enter, monitor and close out customer, internal and audit issues
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of nonconforming material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends
- Perform 6S audits as directed; send results/action items to Supervisors, Superintendent and Operations Manager.
EQS/SQF Management System (Product Safety & Quality)
- Monitor and enforce current policies and procedures to ensure safety and requirements of SQF
- Plan and direct activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for processes, material and products
- Implement new and revised procedures to strengthen the effectiveness of the overall quality management system
- Review and update standard operation procedures or quality assurance manuals
- Conducts vendor certification audits as well as monitoring and documenting results
- Maintain SQF certification for Midland.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality activities and internal processes
- Present quality/safety/SQF training, trends and feed back at company meetings
- Assess training needs, conduct training and provide re-training if requested by department managers
- Back up to plant floor supervisors and lead
- Works with EHS Manager to ensure all current certifications and registrations are maintained.