Responsible for managing, reviewing and approving the design of Capital Improvement Projects, and various public works projects to ensure compliance with the City of Garland code of ordinances, specifications, standard construction details, generally accepted engineering practices and techniques and other agency regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate engineering related problems directed through citizen complaints, City department requests or personal observation; coordinate and develop corrective actions.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and instruction to consultant engineers, general public and staff including information on proper flood plain management practices and requirements.
- Manage Capital Improvement Projects and various other special projects.
- Search, obtain and review plats, record drawings, easements and other relevant historical documents. Review, approve or execute contracts, easements, reports, invoices and other legal documents as needed.
- Review development, street, drainage and utility related infrastructure documentation to ensure compliance with the Code of Ordinances, and that adequate information is presented to construct particulars of the proposed project or development. Coordinate and facilitate project design reviews with various City Departments and franchise utilities.
- Review license agreement applications for accuracy and adherence to City requirements.
- Meet with other Municipal, County, State, Federal and other agencies for review and compliance with established requirements and obtain permits when necessary.
- Perform site visits to project sites that may contain open ditches, creek beds, active thoroughfares and construction sites.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards; occasional exposure to environmental conditions and/or hazards may be required.