- A minimum of 3 years of related experience, with a minimum of 1 year of bridge design experience; experience with public clientele, such as the DOT, or municipalities, is a plus;
- Experience working with contractors in developing construction schemes & constructability requirements is desirable;
- Possess and maintain a valid Professional Engineering (PE) License, with the ability to obtain a Connecticut PE license within a reasonable period of time;
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; MS in Civil Engineering is a plus;
- A good handle of the modeling, design, and analysis of structures, and must be detail oriented;
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and NDS Codes is required;
- Knowledge of DOT practices and procedures is preferred;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013 or MicroStation required; knowledge of bridge design software is a plus;
- Ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing;
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors, project teams, and colleagues;
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for site visits.
Physical Activities & Requirements
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position, handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job and communicate about same. Occasionally, the employee will need to move around on the job-site, including maneuvering around construction site obstacles and hiking the landscape in various weather conditions, including rain and snow, sometimes while lifting and/or moving equipment up to 25 lbs. They employee must be able to safely operate a motor-vehicle, in which they may be required to remain stationary for a prolonged period of time. The employee will also communicate with colleagues, supervisors and clients by using the Corporate and client e-mail and telephone system.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify program to ensure that all new hires are legally authorized to work in the United States.