Charles Abbott Associates, Inc. (CAA) is a contract service provider to state and local government agencies. The expertise we provide to agencies includes the departmental functions of building & safety, city engineering/public works, environmental, and fire prevention. With over 32 years of experience as a firm serving the public sector, CAA has earned respect in the industry for the outstanding service we provide our clients.
CAA is currently interviewing for an Assistant Civil Engineer in Orange County. This position will perform a full range of duties including:
• Participate in the plan check, review and processing of plans for private developments affecting streets, sewers, drains and related public works facilities and ensure that they meet all City/Town imposed requirements
• Prepare special engineering studies and reports. Review applications for grading permits and encroachment permits for code and ordinance compliance
• Coordinate public works and utility activities with other City/Town departments, divisions and sections and with outside agencies;
• Interpret and apply statutes, codes, specifications and regulations, including the California Subdivision Map Act, Municipal Code, County Road Standards, County Watershed Protection Agency Design Manual, Technical Guidance Manual for Stormwater Quality Control Measures, Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction, and similar publications relating to work assignments;
• Preparation and review of plans and specifications for the construction of streets, storm drains and similar public works projects;
• Project management and construction administration of capital improvement projects
• Prepare conditions of approval for development projects as assigned.
• Support the Environmental Services Department with local municipal stormwater program compliance efforts
Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from a accredited college or university and basic technical skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word). Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D is desired, but not required. Possession of an Engineer-in-Training certificate and/or prior experience in a municipal setting is also desired, but not required.