Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America
As A Technology Project Management (TPM) Officer
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) is the largest public transportation agency in North America and one of the largest in the world. NYC Transit operates 24/7 bus and subway service to transport an average weekday ridership of 7 Million passengers.
MTA NYC Transit (NYCT) provides paratransit service called Access-A-Ride in New York City. This service is provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for individuals who are unable to use Fixed Route Bus or Subway Service for some or all of their trips. The program is administered by the Department of Buses Paratransit Division.
The division is seeking an executive with 12 years of experience to lead Project Management for all Paratransit Intelligent Transportation Systems. This is a key leadership role in which the officer will be responsible for researching and analyzing various types of Intelligent Transportation Systems. These include GPS, Radio Frequency based AVLM, IVR, Customer Information systems, and Engine/Scheduling Systems to name a few. The TPM Officer will also develop Scopes of Work for all new initiatives and work alongside Procurement to draft vendor selection criteria, project milestones and terms of contracts.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Implementation of all the systems including tracking and verifying that vendors have fully complied with all milestones, testing and training requirements while also submitting payments based on vendors compliance with contract requirements
- Recommends and directs and enhancements to systems and submit cost proposals for such enhancements
- Conducts presentations and prepares reports to update Senior Management on the status of projects and meets with outside agencies to obtain data, coordinate studies and writes reports
- Represents Paratransit on technology for operating/capital meetings and ensures Paratransit’s data and voice communication requirements are met
- Handles software, hardware, local network and telecommunication issues between Paratransit, MTA IT and service providers
- On call 24/7 to coordinate all systems issues such as AVLM, IVR, Adept Scheduling and Customer Information Systems
The successful candidate should possess twelve (12) years of full-time related experience, of which eight (8) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory/administrative capacity. In addition, the selected candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. A satisfactory equivalent of the combined education and experience requirements may be accepted.
NYC Transit, Paratransit Division offers their associates competitive compensation and a robust benefit package which includes:
- Pension Plans
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
Use the following link to view the full position description and to apply http://tinyurl.com/zn37hbw – OR -- Select NYC Transit and Job Postings. Select Search Job Now and search by job title, Technology Project Management Officer JVN: 89211. Additional job opportunities within the Paratransit Division are also available via http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/
MTA New York City Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.