Qualifications and Skills Required
- MS degree or higher in Civil Engineering;
- Previous related experience with a focus on marine structures;
- Proven track record of success in managing projects from concept design through construction;
- Previous experience across multiple disciplines such as geotechnical, structural, tunnel, coastal engineering and experience dealing with contractors, cost estimating, project coordination and development of construction and tender packages;
- P.E. license;
- Proven ability to produce reports of findings;
- Experience working with North American marine engineering design codes;
- Superior decision making ability;
- Collaborative work and leadership style with a proven ability to manage and mentor a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Ability to effectively manage a budget and schedule delivery;
- Superior planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time; and
- Ability and willingness to work with staff located remotely.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred
- Familiarity with design and analysis software such as MathCAD, SAP2000, Apile, Lpile, Optimoor and AutoCAD; and
- Previous experience in design-bid-build, design-build, constructability review and value engineering.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe. COWI is a place for collaboration with high-caliber professionals and the opportunity to learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional. COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, 100% company-paid benefits (this includes employee only and employee and family), 401k with up to 5% match and immediate vesting schedule, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.