The Project Manager 1 will perform various functions including general project management of the implementation, design, and construction of Public Works infrastructure improvements, coordination of multiple partners for specific projects and the development of technical and performance standards. Projects managed include a wide range of types to include, but not limited to, the following or a combination of the following: street improvements, traffic signals, multi-use paths, illumination, water, sanitary sewer and storm water utility projects.
- Develop work plans and project schedules for assigned projects
- The ability to communicate effectively with citizens, contractors, inspectors, and other stakeholders
- Manage consultant engineering services contracts to include scope of work, cost, survey, design, plan review, right of way acquisition, environmental compliance, and coordination with other city staff
- Ability to manage up to 3 construction contracts simultaneously, each with a value of $1,000,000. Provide project oversight and direction for work in progress, facilitate construction meetings, coordinate inspection and collection of required quantity and quality documents, and process pay estimates
- Coordinate, as necessary, with private utilities, and government agencies such as the Oregon Department of Transportation, Washington County, Tualatin Valley Water District, West Slope Water District, Clean Water Services, Tualatin Hills Parks and Recreation District and the Beaverton School District
- Prepare and update project budgets over multiple years for up to 5 projects simultaneously
- Implement the standards and specifications in the current version of the City of Beaverton Engineering Design Manual, the Oregon Standard Specifications for Construction and the Clean Water Services Design Manual as appropriate
- Coordinate with the public, as required. Such as preparing project information notices, notifying the public of night work locations and durations
- Prepare project documentation such as agenda bills with exhibits and land use applications
- Demonstrate safe work habits and follow all required safety policies, procedures and techniques. Contribute to safety of self, co-workers and the general public.
- Follow standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace
- Other duties as assigned