The Inspector is a professional with three to 10 years of experience. This individual must be proficient in the use of PennDOT’s ECMS and CDS/NextGen system. Candidate must be a strong leader with the ability to manage and mentor subordinate staff.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently.
• Ability to perform basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to understand construction plans, specifications, schedules, and procedures is required.
• Documentation of daily construction activities, which includes the measurement and calculation of pay quantities is required.
• Must be able demonstrate the ability to perform quality control testing on highway and bridge materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Perform field construction inspection and documentation services on various; municipal; County; PennDOT or PTC; and/or heavy highway and bridge projects.
• Must have the ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Candidate must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks; which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Position may require overnight travel. Position is subject to seasonal layoff.
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Minimum three years’ experience working in a construction related field
• Pennsylvania Turnpike or PennDOT highway and bridge project experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. May occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.