The Department of Biomedical Engineering at McGill University invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions open to early and mid-career applicants at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
The preferred areas of recruitment are:
1) Immunoengineering has been identified as a priority and includes areas such as engineering and reprogramming the immune system for preventative health, regenerative medicine, and disease treatment.
2) Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Biomedicine: Research areas include (i) clinical application, (ii) low level data processing, (iii) sparse data and statistical robustness, (iv) deep learning and interpretability (v) integration of multiple modalities and (vi) use of ML/AI with new types of biomedical data and applications.
Candidates may be supported by the University for nomination to a Tier 1 or a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Immunoengineering or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Biomedicine. Tier 1 or Tier 2 determined according to professorial rank and eligibility.
3) Outstanding candidates from established and emerging areas of Biomedical Engineering. The department is planning to grow within established and emerging areas of biomedical engineering over the upcoming years, and outstanding candidates are invited to apply.
McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated equity groups to self-identify. It further seeks to ensure the equitable treatment and full inclusion of persons with disabilities by striving for the implementation of universal design principles transversally, across all facets of the University community, and through accommodation policies and procedures.
- Applicants must have a PhD.
- An outstanding record of research/scholarly activity, which is demonstrated by the quality of publications in top ranked, internationally recognized, and field-relevant academic journals, presentations at significant conferences, and strong endorsements by referees of international stature.
- A commitment to – and in accordance with career stage evidence of – high quality teaching, inclusive pedagogy, and supervision of a diverse student body.
- A commitment to – and in accordance with circumstances a track record in – equity, diversity, and inclusiveness (EDI).
- Optional: A record and interest in innovation and translation are an asset.
Applications must be submitted online at: https://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/positionsavailable by November 30th 2018.
Reference # 18019A-180327 & 18020A-180327
About McGill University
McGill University was founded in 1819 and is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and among the top three in Canada. McGill is located in Montreal (http://www.montrealinternational.com/en/), a multiethnic city with a sparkling cultural life. Montreal has been selected numerous times as the best city for students in North America. Montreal is safe, housing costs are among the lowest for cities of comparable size, and overall quality of life is outstanding.
BACK TO TOP
TAPPI / PIMA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else TAPPI Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at TAPPI / PIMA Career Center.