The position is responsible for setting the Quality Engineering vision/strategy across Land O'Lakes food and feed businesses and leading its implementation to drive quality improvements across our product portfolios. The Sr. Quality Engineer chooses the course of action with greatest positive impact on key customers/consumers and proactively shapes stakeholder agendas to keep the organization focused on Quality.
This position is the primary quality decision maker to drive products/processes improvements based on risk evaluations and capability assessments. This individual will create an "act on quality" organizational culture/mindset to use Quality as a competitive advantage and ultimately increase our product market share.
• Develops a 3-5-year strategy and vision to optimize processes and product quality across 70+ manufacturing plants. Influences corporate Supply Chain and R&D teams as well as manufacturing facilities to successfully implement the Quality Engineering strategy across the enterprise
• Creates a process to evaluate and redefine Manufacturing Control Plans in feed and food manufacturing plants to reduce variability and increase product quality/consistency
• Convince and educate others to Act on Quality by utilizing quality engineering skills such as: application of statistics, use of qualitative tools, statistical process control (SPC), design and execution of capability studies, design of experiments (DOE), and cost of quality principles
• Coordinate and perform quality process audits to prevent unnecessary costs through lack of quality. Report on level of systems compliance, areas requiring changes or improvements and recommend corrective actions. Monitor findings and ensure closure of related tasks
• Liaise with R&D, CI and the Tech Services teams to eliminate sources of quality complaints. Support R&D innovation teams when new products are released at manufacturing plants to ensure specifications can be met based on equipment capabilities
Experience – Education Required:
• BS Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical, etc.), Food Science or Food Technology. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) credentials required
• 10 plus years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with 5 years of which should be in Quality engineering experience
• Seeking experience in Food, Feed or Pharmaceutical manufacturing Industry
• Strong coaching, influencing and communication skills
• Solid Computer skills in MS Office
• Self-Starter and strong team player who can successfully navigate the organization to reach the agreed upon business goals
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence across cross-functional teams and to work effectively with business and technology leaders
• Strong problem-solving skills, good hands-on skills, self-motivated and results-oriented
• Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies strongly desired
• Must be able to develop and sustain relationships with key influencers, internal and external customers
• Robust problem-solving techniques and ability to develop creative ideas and solutions
Experience – Education Preferred:
• MBA or MS in Engineering or Science
• 15 plus years’ experience in a Food/Feed or Chemical manufacturing with 5 years of which should be in Quality engineering experience
• Six Sigma Problem Solving Methodologies or related Lean Mfg experience
• Work experience in Key Performance Indicators environment
Travel: This role will require domestic travel up to 50%
Location: Remote Location
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: R-5648
About Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.