The Quality Engineer position will work with Engineering to develop and enhance quality standards across our product line. This position works closely with the engineering team and customers to launch new products and processes. In addition, this position leads corrective action and continuous improvement activities in collaboration with the company’s quality vision and strategy.
· Inspects and approves incoming materials, machined and COTS incoming parts, in-process production, and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests. Acts on rejected items and assemblies to ensure corrective actions.
· Implements, maintains, and audits company quality systems.
· Communicates quality issues to production/engineering personnel.
· Develops procedures and methods for inspections on new and existing products.
· Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
· Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, and calling for repairs.
The Quality Engineer has frequent interaction with Engineering, Production, Documentation, and Sales. Most work is performed in the production and manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear appropriate personal safety protection equipment.
The employee will be required to stand or walk in the production areas and sit at a desk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 considerations: We are adhering to all local, state and federal guidelines for COVID-19 safety.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field or equivalent work experience.
· Prior use of measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, go/no go gauges, and height and depth gauges.
· Strong blueprint reading skills and good knowledge of tolerances and finishes.
· 3+ years of experience in a quality role preferred.
· Strong knowledge of statistics preferred.
· Experience implementing a Quality Improvement program.
McLane Research Laboratories, Inc. was founded in 1983 to provide advanced time-series samplers and engineering design services to the international oceanographic community.
Our product lines include a range of bio-geochemical/physical oceanography sampling and profiling instruments for use in oceanographic research and environmental monitoring. The objective of McLane Research Laboratories is to enable worldwide investigators to achieve their research and scientific goals by providing advanced, cost-effective instrumentation.
Through our long-term research and development programs and our long association with diverse researchers and projects, McLane has established a significant base of knowledge and proven technology in support of our objective.